About Me

I got into the automotive area because i saw my family cycle through vehicles because they wouldn't maintain them. I became my high school's Accelerated Auto class president, tested as one of the smartest in my school when it came to cars, and participated in state and national automotive tournaments. After high school I became an assistant manager at an automotive parts store.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Spark plugs and Practice

I've bumped up my MPG average from 27 (see my last post) to 31! I haven't installed any major devices in my car or anything to get my 2001 SUV (non hybrid) going 33% more efficient than factory tests. I have installed some new spark plugs and continued to improve on my driving habits which has done the trick. I've learned to turn off my car when ever i am coasting and idling. If your car is stopped for more than 10 seconds you would be wasting gas by leaving the engine on. I took that a step further and turned off my SUV whenever i was coasting for more than 10 seconds. I've discovered some places where i have been coasting for over a mile! It's great to be enjoying mileage better than most cars. Here is the most fuel efficient gas saving spark plugs on the market today that now have made a nice warm home in my engine. The E3 spark plugs are a little more expensive, but for what they have saved me, they have paid for themselves within the first couple of fill ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment